Type: Ensemble Building, Focus.
- A great way to get students aware of body movement and working together
- Pair students up and tell them to pick an A and B.
- Tell A’s that they are looking in the mirror. (Optional: Tell them it is morning and they are getting ready for the day.)
- Tell them to move VERY slowly. B’s are the mirror and must follow A so closely that an observer would not be able to tell who is leading and who is following. Encourage them to mirror not only body movement but also facial expression.
- Have them switch after a minute or so. Then tell them that neither is the leader or follower. You will probably have tell them to go slower a few times.
- Start again with A’s but this time tell them that they are talking to themselves in the mirror as B’s follow. Again let them switch and then try it with no leader and no follower.
Note: Check out the 4-person variation of this activity here.
Looking for more unique drama ideas? Check out Beat by Beat Press, a new publisher of musical plays for kids.