Type: Ensemble Building.
- Encourage comfortability among the group.
- Encourage trust.
- This is a silent activity.
- Students work in pairs.
- Partner 1 is instructed to close their eyes as partner 2 leads them around the space.
- Partner 2’s goal is to make their partner feel as safe as possible. They must determine what is best for their partner (without talking) – walking with both hands held, one hand held, arm around shoulder, etc.
- Let them wander for 2 minutes or so, keeping their movement slow at all times. Switch.
- How did you make your partner feel safe? What did your partner do that made you feel safe?