Type: Focus, Ensemble Building.
Purpose: Develops creativity, concentration, and group cooperation.
1. Start with one student making a noise and a simple repeatable gesture.
2. When the student has a rhythm and another student has an idea for a movement which connects to the first gesture that student joins the first student by making a new noise and movement which connects to the original gesture.
3. Each student joins in with a new noise and gesture and connects to the others in some way until all students are involved in creating the machine.
– What did you imagine the machine you created was?
– What was your part in making it?
– How could we make the machine batter?
– Was it difficult to keep your concentration until everyone was creating the machine?
VARIATION: Decide on a type of machine and then have everyone create it together- everyone starts at the same time.