Type: Improv, Creativity
1. Create slips of paper with random phrases on them. (i.e. “The goats left for dinner already”, “Never point at a pine tree”, “Please stop looking at my earlobe”, etc.)
2. Spread the slips of paper face down on the floor of the stage area.
3. Ask two or three actors to improvise a scene.
4. During the improv at random intervals yell “Grab a slip!”. An actor must bend down in mid-sentence and grab a slip of paper, say the line, and somehow justify the line.
– Encourage all the actors to do the best they can to stay in character and allow the line to become part of the scene.
OTHER RANDOM PHRASES I’M COMING UP WITH AFTER A GLASS OF WINE:
– “Dominoes aren’t meant to be left in the sun.”
– “Explain yourself, quickly!”
– “My mouth feels like wet velcro.”
– “Never underestimate the importance of clean underwear.”
– “One time I tried to jump over a peach tree.”
– “You look like a confused dinosaur.”
– “Let me brush that for you”
– “Does my voice sound like a tiny robot?”
– “If only everyone could see me now!”
– “I think I’ll go to sleep on that squirrel.”
Have other random phrases? Leave them in the comments below!