Purpose: Great to play as a fun warm-up or a mid-session activity if the kids have been sitting for too long.
1. Have the kids stand in a circle.
2. Ask the kids to silently choose two people in the circle and label them: 1 person as a “bomb” and 1 person as a “shield”. They should do this without letting anyone else knowing.
3. When you say “Go”, the kids are to move around the room, always keeping their “shield” between themselves and the “bomb”. They must never stop moving.
4. After awhile, say “Switch!”. Now the “bomb” becomes your “shield” and your “shield” becomes your “bomb”.
5. At the end of the activity have the kids circle-up and one by one share who was their bomb and who was their shield.
Have a comment or suggestion? Leave it below!
Image courtesy of digitalart at FreeDigitalPhotos.net